Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine's Day to my wonderful husband who has been such a great sport when I said I wanted to leave a great paying job in Florida to move home to AR where I didn't have anything lined out. He didn't once tell me I was crazy or threaten divorce he is such an easy going guy he was up for the adventure. It has been a good move for Presley and we are glad it has worked out. Things are tight for sure but lots of praying and help from our family has gotten us this far. I am thankful for such a great husband - for sure there are things that I could ring his neck for but there are the little things I am happy he does. He never leaves the house without saying bye, I love you and giving me a kiss. Even in the morning if I'm sleeping he'll wake me before he leaves. He has always done this no matter what and it's one of the things I love about him and really appreciate. He makes such fun of me reading the celebrity gossip magazines, but every now and then for no good reason he'll bring one home for me to read. (I think he must secretly read them) One of the things I have learned in our little move, it's the little things that count. It's not all about the big fancy gifts (sure it's nice to get them) but those will be gone some day and the little gestures and thoughtful, loving, caring things will be left - or the lack of them. I'd much rather have the little things that money can't buy. Brent told me today that he was sorry he couldn't do something big or get me anything big... but he doesn't know that he already has. Each day with him is my gift and each little thoughtful thing he does is my gift. Each time I see him making Presley laugh is my gift. Thanks Brent for the best Valentine's ever.

2 comments:

The Lewis's said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful husband:)

Anonymous said...

I knew he secretly Loved the LIPS!!! We had a blast wih you guys! Even though we almst got beat up with the BIG BLUE!!
(brents sweatshirt)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers