I think I can safely say this was my first Christmas to wait until the afternoon for opening gifts. Brent had to work Christmas day from 5 am until 3 so we had to wait for him to get home to eat and do gifts. I asked if we could just get up and do it around 4 before he had to go and needless to say that didn't go over so well. Janice, Brent and Russ' mom, came into town to celebrate with us this year and made a nice lunch for everyone. So finally around 3:30 or 4 pm we were able to open gifts and eat a late lunch/early dinner. As you can see we didn't take many pictures.
Russ opening gifts.
We did mostly video this year as you can tell by the number of pictures I took. It was just us so it didn't take long anyway. We had a bit of a scaled down Christmas this year and decided to focus on our larger gift who will be arriving in February. She will be our big gift this year. Funny how what's important changes with a little one on the way.
Baby update:
We were able to order her bed - which is a gift from Janice, James, and Kennith. We haven't received it yet but it should be in soon. We also ordered the changing table, a gift from Phil and Nancy. We have moved a dresser into her room for the few clothes that I have been gathering. We also have the bedding which was a gift from Tonette, Aunt Kaye, Granny and Beverly. Guess that's about all we have done so far. We are at a 6 week count down and I can't wait. I am so very tired of being fat it's ridiculous. It's very annoying to struggle getting up off the couch or out of bed. I am super motivated to loose this weight as soon as possible after and get back to feeling normal again. I know it is worth every bit of the uncomfortable feelings that you go through, but I still am ready to be done with this part and have our new little one. The pregnancy part is definitely not for me, I have friends that talk about how great it is and how much they loved being pregnant - I am not one of those people. People keep asking about a name and we still don't have one. Her first name is going to be Ema, but we have no idea about a middle name. We talk about it every now and then and are just waiting for the right one to hit us I guess. We have joked about just calling her Baby since the poor thing doesn't have a name picked. Brent says nobody puts Baby in a corner. Who knew he is a secret lover of the Dirty Dancing movie :)

2 comments:
Hey Calan! I love the pictures! Don't let anyone make you feel bad about not having a name yet...Mr. Quinton did not have a name until after he was born...we just had to see him first to decide!
Post an update of your belly...and by the way...you are NOT fat! I do remember feeling that way too though!
Talk to you soon!
Kurt
Lisa and I both think you're beautiful and look exactly like you're supposed to. A few weeks after the baby arrives you'll be back in shape.
We can't wait to get our turn to see her and we send our love and prayers your way. You and Brent will be great parents...she's a blessed girl.
Bye for now.
Uncle D. and Lisa
Post a Comment