Sunday, December 28, 2008

Early KY Christmas

Since we moved back to Arkansas we are now lucky enough to be within driving distance to Brent's family in Kentucky. We went up the weekend before Christmas to do a little early celebration with them. It really works out well that we can go there early then be back home in AR for Santa to visit. Brent's brother Russ is a police officer in North Carolina and has to work Christmas so he has to celebrate early also so it works out perfectly.
Uncle Russ helps Presley see what is in her stalking at grandma Janice's house.

She got a very cute Santa hat of her very own and a nice Christmas bib with her name on it.

We had to get a family Santa hat photo, Presley borrowed mine for the shot.

First gift of the season. She is a fast study of this opening thing. The only problem we had was she wanted to tear off tiny little pieces and hand each piece to me. It would have taken hours to do each gift so she got a little help from mom and dad to move things along.


Uncle Russ got this great walk/ride toy for Presley. So fun.



Quick self photo. Not bad for a quick pic. I was really surprised she was actually looking at the camera.



Then the next day we had another Christmas at Grandad Phil's house. We got some super cute clothes from Mimi Nancy. You can see we hurried home and got everything washed up to wear on the big day (see Christmas day post).

I think she was asking for the camera here - or I think that's what she would be saying if she could talk.

Grandad Phil got her this pony with a little basket so she could give her dolls a ride. She really likes the music it plays so she can dance.


The Gibson Guys
We had a great time on our trip and were very glad we got to celebrate with Brent's family. I was a little worried how it would go since Presley is full force walking and into everything these days and it is about a 9 hour drive to get there. But I was presently surprised that she did really well in the car and I think we managed to leave without breaking anything anywhere.
It's amazing what a difference a child can bring to the holiday experience. All I can do is look at her and wonder what that little mind is thinking. All the lights and gifts and people, she surely thinks we are crazy when all we can do is stare at her to see how she takes it all in. I just watch and try to submit this milestone into memory of her very first Christmas experiences. I know she will not remember but she has made this Christmas one of my very best yet simply by being here. Each day I watch and see what she might learn or do and enjoy each second and have loved being apart of her 1st Christmas.
Thanks again to all the Kentucky crew for having us up to celebrate.


No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers